My hometown gets hot in the summer seasons, and I always need a great system that could give me maximum cooling. Therefore, I was in search of an efficient system. Just like many users, I talked to other people about the best wifi thermostat, and most of them recommend Nest brand. So I decided to try the Nest thermostat, and I found it an awesome product among other models. I thought I should share my outstanding experience with nest so that you could decide that why it is the best? The nest-learning thermostat is introduced by the Nest Labs that are a home automation company located in Palo Alto.
Nest learning thermostat was their first product that launched in 2011. They also introduced programmable and self-learning thermostat, Wi-Fi thermostat, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detector and security systems. I was surprised that it cut 45% of my energy bill. Now this home automation company has launched its third generation Nest learning thermostat that comes with sleek design and sophisticated features. You will find it an amazing system as it could control your home’s environment smartly. It also allows you to make tweaks on the nest app from any location with your Wi-Fi connection. Now I will discuss its some innovative features and benefits.
Great features of Nest thermostat
I impressed by the nest thermostat. It is the perfect choice for those who want an impressive system for their comfort. So in this nest thermostat review, I would like to share its great features so that you could get an idea that why nest is the best investment than other brands.
The auto schedule features: the most interesting feature that I have found in this thermostat is to create a schedule based on your routine, habits and preferences. You could enjoy the temperature that you prefer when you are at home during the day and night. According to the research, you could save 20% on energy costs by using a smart thermostat.
Auto-Away option: I found an auto-away feature that I like it most. So decided to share my experience with this feature in nest thermostat review. Nest is a most remarkable brand for me as It could assume that you are not in your home and adjusts the temperature by switching to the auto away settings. Of course, you will love this feature because it helps to cut 5% on your utility bill.
Sunblock feature: it is also another great feature that I have experienced in this model as compared to its competitors. If Nest thermostat detects any temperature spikes due to direct sunlight, this features help to stop temperature. It could easily adjust the temperature in the time of sunset and sunrise. This system is more accurate that could help you to save unnecessary energy utilization.
Early on: if you want to adjust the appropriate temperature before you get up, then I would recommend the Nest thermostat to make your home fresh and warm. Nest thermostat is one of the superlative systems among the other brand as it could learn your schedule that how long it takes to keep your home warm or cool. It could easily raise temperature few minutes earlier when you come back.
True radiant technology: the nest true radiant system could be activated automatically for heating systems. It is the greatest feature to keep your sweet home more comforter and fresh. It could provide you healthy environment with automatic scheduling.
Airwave option: this great feature can control the air conditioning through monitoring the humidity. This feature could easily cut your energy cost by turning off your air conditioning 30 minutes earlier.
Cool to Dry technology: this is the most beneficial feature that I found in the nest. As compared to other brands, Nest helps you to keep your home dry in hot summer seasons. This system could cycle the air conditioning system to reduce humidity.
Zonal heating systems: the zoning features provides you most comfortable environment and allow you to control your system in an efficient manner. So each zone need its nest system.
Nest leaf feature: In this nest thermostat review, I will discuss the nest leaf feature that is also an unusual characteristic. I like this option as it could give you a choice to save energy. You will be amazed that this leaf appears on the unit.
Pros of Nest thermostat
- Wi-Fi system: Wi-Fi feature allow you to control your home from anywhere and anytime. I always get benefits from Wi-Fi facility to adjust the temperature of my home. Nest thermostat allows you to connect your system with Wi-Fi system through smart devices.
- Easy to install: I found it the most splendid thermostat on the market. It is easy to install and maintain. Unlike Ecobee and Honeywell. Nest provides an excellent service to DIY install the product.
- Larger display: Nest thermostat comes with a larger LCD screen with a 320 x 320-pixel resolution. I amazed to see that the panel turns black when system at temperature. Its gorgeous display makes it a stunning addition to any room in your home. When the system is cooling the panel is blue, and it turns a red while heating your home.
- The auto schedule features: this incredible thermostat can learn your temperature that you desire for your home and creates an appropriate schedule. Unlike other programmable systems, nest could automatically adjust your desired temperature.
- Motion sensor technology: The product comes with a motion sensor detection that is the finest technology to change your system automatically when you are away, or you are in your home.
- Adjust your local climate: I couldn’t believe when I see that this thermostat handles my home cooling and heating needs efficiently. This system is most suitable for adjusting your local climate from any place. As compared to other thermostats, the Nest thermostat works amazingly with many heating units such as heat pumps, radiant heaters, forced-air furnaces as well as dual-fuel systems. It could learn your lifestyle and adjust the temperature automatically.
Cons of Nest thermostat
In this nest thermostat review, I should mention that the Nest thermostat has least flaws that could be ignored easily, but for your help, I would like to share some faults.
- To enter the password with the use of ring could become a tiresome process.
- The nest thermostat is expensive. Unlike nest, Its competing system allows personalizing setting.
- If you have a big house, and there are many upstairs, then you need another nest thermostat.
- Nest thermostat needs a constant power connection, and it has less control over hot water than Honeywell system.
How to install
Nest 2nd generation thermostat
The second-generation model comes with innovative features. I can say confidently that 2nd generation device was slimmer than its predecessor was. It has an extra pair of connectors. Nest 2nd generation reminds you if there is the need to clean or change filters. True radiant helps to measure cool and heat. The reason behind its popularity was its great support for cooling, heating, and HVAC system. It also gives the best support for humidistats. It offers you to use Nest app to adjust the temperature and view energy history with your smart devices.
Nest 3rd generation thermostat
The nest thermostat 3rd generation is one of the latest versions of Nest thermostat. It is an excellent option for those who always use nest brand. It is a digital system that could quickly learn your schedule and control the temperature automatically. It comes with attractive design and responsible customer support. The most useful point of this thermostat is that it could work with housing HVAC systems. Nest 3rd generation thermostat is the most powerful model. I am personally impressed by its device’s screen technology that has 480 x 480-pixel resolution. The product’s bigger screen allows you to read the information accurately from anywhere in your room.
Why should buy Nest thermostat?
So which is the perfect model? All of them will perform very well for cooling in your home. The decision, of course, is your own as to which system you want to go with, but I liked its efficiency, styling, and reliability as well as the user-friendly interface. There is no denying that nest is a fabulous and stylish solution for your peace of mind. As compared to its competitors, it promises to give you efficient results by controlling heating and cooling system of your home from any anywhere.
I love to use Nest thermostat, as it is extremely convenient for your home. I would recommend this brand over other models. The outstanding features of this product force me to write nest thermostat review for your help. If you need an excellent system for your home, the Nest is one of the perfect thermostats for the comfort of your family. Nest brand allow you to view energy history on the nest app that could be connected to Wi-Fi. You could get a detailed summary of energy usage by accessing your nest account. I would like to give it 4.8 for its great performance.Related posts: