A huge part of being an adult is learning how to manage your expenses. Fortunately, there are plenty of tricks you pick up along the way. They make your life easier and allow you to do things you really want to do. Some of the things you need to learn, however, are trickier than others. Organizing your time is one of the best examples. Another great example is learning how to save energy.
When I realized that I was wasting a lot of energy, I kind of panicked. There was a lot of money involved. That’s why I started doing some research on all the ways to save energy. It wasn’t easy, I have to admit. That’s one of the reasons why I decided to share my knowledge with you. That way you won’t have to go through it yourself. In this post, I’m going to tell you all you need to know about the Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat.
When it comes to thermostats, you can choose between two main categories: manual and programmable. Although they’ll cost you more, programmable thermostat are a better investment. The Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Thermostat is one of these. With manual thermostats, you have to make all the settings yourself. And you have to do it all the time. Since we’re human, we don’t always remember all the things we need to do. This means that we tend to forget about things like thermostats. And the result is a lot of wasted energy.
With programmable thermostats, you take yourself out of the equation. The device is equipped with software that is specially designed for heating and cooling. You’ll need to choose the settings the first time you use it. From then on, the thermostat is responsible for applying them. And it won’t forget to do that like you would. That’s the main characteristic and the main advantage of the Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat.
Pros of Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Thermostat
- DIY installation: We all fear that first step in the process – installation. But with the Honeywell RTH6450D1009 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat, you won’t feel clueless. You’ll get a guide that will lead you through the process. Although all such devices come with their little books, this one is all you’ll need to make it work. And that’s one huge advantage over other thermostats.
- Weekday programming: This is why it’s called the 5-1-1-Day thermostat. It lets you split the week into work days and weekend. During the week, you have a certain routine, and you can adjust the heating or cooling accordingly. If your days are organized differently during the weekend, you don’t need to change the settings manually. Just select different settings for Saturdays and Sundays. The thermostat will remember and implement them regularly.
- Smart Response Technology: This feature is just great. It allows you to adjust the temperature in advance, but not like you normally do. You can program the thermostat to heat the space so that it reaches a certain temperature at a certain time. This makes it a lot more predictable, which can be very useful.
- Functional design: The interface is intuitive, and the buttons are very nice to the touch. The Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat is equipped with a backlit display. This means that you won’t have problems using it even during the nighttime.
Cons of Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Thermostat
- Charging: The only disadvantage I’ve noticed is about the way it’s charged. This particular thermostat can be powered only with batteries. This means that using system power is not even an option. I know there are people who wouldn’t mind this, but it matters to me. Especially because it’s a programmable device, it should have an alternative. Also because I’m definitely not one of those people who’d remember to check the batteries on my thermostat.
How to use
One of the greatest things about this thermostat is that you don’t have to know anything to set it up. With it, you’ll find a short manual that’s very easy to follow. You’ll be able to install it on your own, without any kind of professional help. After you turn it on, you’ll be lead through the configuration process. And after that, it will continue working without you having to interfere.
If you keep it dry, the Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat will last a long time. To prevent anything from happening to it, make sure to clean it properly. I personally use a clean cloth that I’ve sprayed with plain water. Just avoid spraying it directly, and you’ll be fine.
The Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat comes with a 1-year limited warranty. I believe this is plenty of time to make sure everything is right with the device.
All in all, I’d give the Honeywell 5-1-1-Day Programmable Thermostat a 4.6. It has one flaw that bugs me, which is why it’s not closer to the perfect 5.0. But it’s such a great device overall. It’s efficient, reliable and easy to use. I believe it could easily fit into any household.Related posts: