Cutting expenses can be considered a form of art. That’s one of the first things I learned as an adult. There are so many things you need to look out for. This doesn’t just include not wasting money on things you don’t need. It also means saving water, electricity, gas and everything else you didn’t think about when you were a child. And it all comes down to these two words – saving energy.
Nowadays we have hundreds of ways to reduce energy waste. It’s one of the greatest things about technology. But that also means that we feel lost most of the time. We have to ask so many question we don’t know the answer to. To give an example, you’ve probably asked yourself how much water your washing machine is using. Or how often you should water your lawn. But one of the biggest problems is, of course, the energy you waste on heating or cooling your home. This is why I’m going to introduce you to the Honeywell Wi-Fi Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat.
This thermostat is manufactured by the Honeywell Company. Unlike the older devices, you can program it to follow a heating or cooling schedule that works best for you. The fact that it’s Wi-Fi means that you can connect it to your wireless network. This is great because it allows you to access its controls from afar. This is not only handy, but helps you save energy as well. Apart from all this, it also has a touchscreen. Although ordinary screens work just fine, touchscreens are a lot easier to navigate. The design of this device is simple, which makes it a good fit for any background.
Pros of Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat
- High compatibility: The Honeywell Wi-Fi Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat is a device that’s compatible with most systems. If you have a 110V or any system with higher voltage, you can be sure that you’ll be able to use it. Systems that aren’t compatible with it include those connected with wire nuts and those without a “C” terminal.
- 7-Day programming: If that’s what you need, you can choose the same settings for the whole week. But most of us need something a little more customizable. With this thermostat, you can choose different settings for each of the days of the week. You can even choose different settings for up to four different times of day.
- Useful alerts: Even the wifi thermostat need some attention from time to time. Most of them, however, won’t let you know when that happens. With the Honeywell thermostat, you can rest assured. It will alert you whenever it needs filter change, or whenever it loses Internet connection. It will also let you know when the temperature gets too high or too low.
- Vacation mode: If you’re going away for a while, like I often do, you’ll need a thermostat that you can put on hold. This one can be programmed to follow customized vacation settings.
- Total Connect Comfort Application: The Honeywell’s thermostat can be used with their handy little application. I’ve tried it and it’s great. You just download it on your computer, tablet or phone and you’re ready to use it. It allows you to control the thermostat from afar, wherever that might be.
Cons of Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat
- Unreliable Wi-Fi connection: When I just got this thermostat, I didn’t really know how the Wi-Fi thing worked. I downloaded the app and connected it to the device. At first, it worked just fine. Then I noticed it losing connection from time to time. It doesn’t really affect its performance, because it doesn’t need Wi-Fi to do anything. I only need it when I’m away and want to change the settings. This is why I don’t find this very important, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
How to use
The setup was so simple I really couldn’t believe it. I followed the instructions, which aren’t difficult to understand at all. I connected the device using its software. After I turned it on, I was guided through the whole configuration process. I felt so relieved when it was over, because I thought it was going to be much harder.
When it comes to maintaining this thermostat, there are only two things you have to keep in mind. First, you should never let it get wet. It could make it stop working. Second, never spray it with anything. If you want to clean it, just use a damp cloth. It works just fine for me.
The Honeywell Company gives a 1-year limited warranty for this product. There are thermostats that come with a 3-year warranty, but I don’t think it makes a big difference. It either works or it doesn’t.
To sum it up, I think this Honeywell thermostat is an efficient, reliable and durable little device. Although it sometimes fails to connect to my Wi-Fi, I’m more than pleased with it. In fact, I’m so happy with its performance that I’ll give it a 4.8.Related posts: