Are you looking for a smarter thermostat for summer? During the summer months, the temperature can rise and become extremely uncomfortable. Keeping your house fresh and cool with air conditioner could be very costly. Several people don’t understand how essential and magical thermostat setting is for energy saving. In fact, proper thermostats setting is a cost-effective action that could facilitate you save bucks as staying cool all summer long.
Do you want to ask that what temperature to set your thermostat to? There is no denying that there are many answers to this question. Actually, to set your thermostat to depends on different reasons such as season, humidity level as well as how often you are in and out of the home. I would recommend setting your thermostat to the temperature that is most convenient and relaxes for you. Here I will discuss tips to save energy throughout the summer when the climate is hot, and you want to keep your home cool.
How could you set temperature?
- Do you need to talk yourself into a right thermostat setting? If the answer is yes, then know your temperatures. In summer months, you should set your thermostat at 78 degrees Fahrenheit when at home.
- Some people turn off their thermostat completely when they are away, but it is better to set your cooling system up to 88 degrees Fahrenheit. It is not a right decision if you are living in Florida or any other hot and humid place as such switching off your system completely when away.
- On the contrary, you can also save energy in winter months by setting your thermostat at 68 degrees Fahrenheit. You can save 5 to 15% of energy per year by turning down the thermostat, 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit at night.
Program it on weekly schedule:
One of the excellent ways of saving energy is to set your thermostat on a weekly schedule. The optimum thing with this thermostat is that you could have varying schedules for weekends or one with a different setting for every day. However, it depends on your specific requirements. You could also set your thermostat in such an efficient way that it discontinues cooling around 30 minutes before you go away and begins cooling 30 minutes before you get the home. You could also set the thermostat a few degrees higher at night and have it slow down in daytime.
Install a programmable thermostat
- Another splendid idea to reduce your costs is to install a programmable thermostat. They have a pre-programmed setting, as well as a perfect option for vocation and job. Therefore, this outstanding device let you set your thermostat to different temperatures on a day.
- If you are not in your home, you can program it to lower the temperature back to 78, when you return to your home. They are available for gas and oil-fueled central heating systems.
You can Use Wi-Fi
If you have an incredibly changeable schedule, you can utilize Wi-Fi for more options. It provides the full functionality of a seven-day programmable thermostat, and it has incorporated wireless technology that lets you set it remotely via your computer or Smartphone. You could also adjust the temperature, keep your home’s environment enjoyable, and reduce energy use.
Need to Zone your cooling
If you are living in the warmest place, then you may need to zone your cooling rather than reducing it. Instead of cooling all portion of your house, zoning allows you to cool the rooms you spend more time in and leave the rest alone. The guest room possibly does not need to be kept cool in all summer season, and you, do not utilize the living room until you get home as of your day. You might need the thermostat at 78 to fall sound asleep, but you would not like to waste a lot of energy through keeping the entire home cool.
A thermostat makes active your air conditioner to come on at set times determined by the temperature adjusting in your home or office. In fact, Energy specialists agree that setting the thermostat to change your home’s temperatures automatically when you are home and away allow to save energy. Using an wifi thermostat provides you a lot of easiness as it comes to comfort.Related posts: