Do you want to schedule a heating and cooling schedule? You can set up your thermostat, as it will learn your schedule from your temperature changes. You could easily edit as well as view your current cooling and heating setting directly on the thermostat or from any of the smart device. You could set your system to the warmest temperature throughout the summer seasons and the coolest temperature in the winter months.
According to the department of energy in the United States, you could save 10 percent per year on cooling and heating by switching your thermostat setting up 7 Fahrenheit to 10 Fahrenheit for around 8 hours a day. Now, I will discuss some important tips that how could you adjust your cooling and heating schedule. By following these easier guidelines, you may save money on your winter energy bills.
How set your thermostat during the summer?
- Adjust temperatures: If you want to cut the energy and money, consider purchasing an efficient system. A great system facilitates you to adjust your home temperature for different times of the day. Researched has proved that Human’s body is very relaxed while the atmosphere in the house is to a degree of two of a 75 degrees Fahrenheit in the warm, summer seasons.
- Temperature programming: If you are at home, you could set your thermostat between 78 to 80 degrees in the summer season and raise it 7 degrees when you are away. This temperature programming is essential while your home is busy throughout waking hours.
- Turn your thermostat back: It is the great idea to save around 5% to 15% per year by turning your unit back 10 degrees to 15 degrees. An efficient system allows you to adjust the temperature few degrees higher when you are away, and they give you benefit to set the thermostat to turn the temperature down to 5 degrees to 10 degrees at night and back up the system when you get up.
How set your thermostat during the winter?
- Save energy by the lowering system: In winter months, set your system around 68 and 70 degrees. You could install a programmable thermostat for comfort as it adjusts the temperature automatically. Through proper use of a programmable thermostat, you could save 180 dollars in a year in the energy bill.
- Use other methods: You could use tradition methods in the winter season, to save money and energy such as use an extra blanket, use warm and comfortable socks or slippers, as well as a great tasty hot tea or chocolate. Through these ways, you will feel warm in winter.
- Use right settings: With using these easier methods and the right setting your thermostat throughout the winter, you could save money and still enjoy a comfortable in winter. It is better to run the dishwasher or do laundry when electricity costs are low. If you are living in Colorado, you just need to set your thermostat at 70 and 80 degrees in a day.
How set your thermostat when you’re away?
Do you think what should your system be programmed at when you are on vacation? Though you may consider shutting your unit off complete, you should utilize your vacation feature to adjust your system at a steady temperature that is some degrees higher than normal for summer tours and some degrees lower during winter. Turning your unit totally off could outcome in humidity levels and mold growth, as your house’s inners temperature will be difficult to control, and air will be circulated.
Did you know that most people spend almost 2,200 dollars per year on electricity bills? What temperature should your system be schedule when you are home, away or sleeping throughout the winter or summer months? If you want to see your electricity bill drop, you may need a wifi thermostat as they come with a weekend mode. The programmable system allows you to adjust the temperature according to your activities. Many people realize that programmable thermostats have the capability to promote energy and money saving. So, when buying the new thermostat, choose an efficient system so that you can save money.Related posts: